Vomit and Diarrhea Treatment in Methuen Massachusetts
If your pet is vomiting or has a bad case of diarrhea, your first instinct may be to panic. Some pet owners have questions about what they should do next. "Does my pet need to see a veterinarian near me? When should I take my pet to an animal hospital? What can a vet near me do to help?"
Symptoms like vomit and diarrhea should be monitored, but they're not necessarily signs of anything serious. Located in Methuen, MA, Methuen Veterinary Hospital can help you care for your pet when he is in distress. Reach out to us if you're concerned about your pet's health.
What Can Cause Diarrhea and Vomiting in Pets?
Many things can trigger vomiting and diarrhea, so it may be useful to have your pet's symptoms assessed by a vet. Some factors that could cause an upset stomach include:
- Eating unsafe foods: Pets eat a range of foods that can be toxic or irritating to their stomachs, including certain types of table scraps, and foreign objects like plastic.
- Food sensitivities: Animals can have food allergies and sensitivities just like humans can. If your pet started vomiting after starting a new pet food, the food may not agree with them.
- Infections: Gastrointestinal symptoms can occur alongside many infections, including infections.
- Stress: High stress levels can cause stomach distress.
When Should I Seek Treatment from a Vet Near Me?
While it can be a good idea to report symptoms like vomiting and diarrhea to your vet, you don't necessarily need to bring him in for treatment or pet care. It's normal for pets to show some signs of discomfort if they have an upset stomach, but you should seek veterinary care if they show symptoms of a more serious health issue, such as:
- Persistent vomiting
- Persistent diarrhea
- A significant decrease in energy
- Loss of appetite that continues for a significant amount of time
- Worms or blood in his vomit or stool
- Pale gums
A vet should also see your pet if you suspect they've eaten something toxic, such as chocolate or xylitol. These substances can be dangerous to pets, especially in high amounts.
Get Vomit and Diarrhea Treatment from a Vet in Methuen Massachusetts
As a pet owner, you don't want to see your pets in distress. If your pet has loose stool or an upset stomach, and you're asking questions like "is there a veterinarian near me?", our animal hospital can help. Reach out to us at Methuen Veterinary Hospital in Methuen, MA, if you're worried about your pet's health. Call us at (978) 685-8031 for more information.